Thermochromic Leuco Dye
LCR Hallcrest manufactures a range of Thermochromic products using Leuco Dye technologies. These are supplied in a variety of forms, both Reversible and Irreversible under the brand name Chameleon®.
We mix numerous Leuco Dyes with colour developers and a series of fatty acids, esters and alcohols that each have defined melt points to provide
a range of materials that respond to different temperatures producing a variety of colours.
These systems can take the form of either microencapsulated slurries or concentrates before they are finished into their final form of a Label, Ink or Plastic component.
These products all change colour over a temperature range specific to their formulation providing a simple cost effective method of monitoring
- Correct use or operation Indication
- Safety warnings
- Quality Control
- Process Control
- Interactive Packaging
- Advertising messages
- Reversible -20 to 70°C with a large number of standard temperature available.
- Irreversible 55 to 175°C with a 75 and 90 available as standard
- Reversible Standard: Blue, Black, Red, Orange, Green and Magenta Custom: Most colours can be produced on request
- Irreversible Standard: Black and Magenta Custom: Most colours can be produced on request
- Reversible Labels: Paper or Plastic Inks: Screen, Flexo, Gravure and Offset Plastics: Moulded item and Masterbatch concentrate
- Irreversible Labels: Paper or Plastic Inks: Screen and Flexo
- Labels can be produced in a variety of Custom sizes, shapes and materials offering a bespoke solution designed to suit a wide range of applications
- Inks are available in a vareity of pack sizes from 1 kilo pot to 200 kilo drums
- Plastic products can be created and moulded for you or a Masterbatch can be supplied for you to create your own product,
+44 1244 817107